- This event has passed.
Original Love: Weekend Retreat – Workshop
August 14 - August 15
We would like to invite you to explore, Original Love, a new live, virtual training program developed by Mountain Cloud’s guiding teacher, Henry Shukman. The weekend retreat is Saturday and Sunday, August 14 and 15, 9am-3pm MT, each day.
Original Love Weekend Retreat
This virtual weekend will bring together all the primary zones of practice covered in the three part series, in a comprehensive approach to healing, and awakening, as we also begin to explore the fourth “zone” – awakening.
This weekend retreat can stand alone if you have not
attended the three-week Original Love series.
You may also register for the series plus the weekend
and receive the session and supplemental videos from the series.
Awakening is a more radical shift in experience that the other prior forms of practice help to prepare us for. Even though it is always here with us, it can be elusive and kind of hard to apprehend. But there are ways to begin to catch glimpses of the vast ease and love it offers. Specific practices and pointers will include:
- Bringing together the primary zones of practice in our meditation
- Developing fluency among the different forms of practice
- Understanding what awakening is
- Exploring different faces of awakening
- How awakening helps us and may shift our life priorities
- Koan practice and awakening
- Integrating awakening in daily life
- Allowing boundless “original” love to infiltrate our experience
- Becoming more effective in our service
- Healing the wounds of the world
Methods and techniques taught:
- Opening and expanding awareness
- Falling back into the broader field of sense experience
- Glimpsing nondual awareness
- Tasting the infinite embrace of original love
- A taste of practicing with koans
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Johanna. We’re happy to answer any questions. We look forward to having you join us!
Three week course: $75
Weekend retreat only: $175
Three week course + Weekend retreat: $225