Original Love: Awakening the Great Matter, 6-Week Series
Awakening the Great Matter
We will be exploring time honored techniques, strategies, tactics for approaching awakening.
There are things we can do to get glimpses of it, things that can help us be likelier to have tastes of Awakening. ~ Henry Shukman
- 6 week virtual course: Sundays, October 9 – November 13, 2022, 10am – 12pm MT
- Weekend virtual retreat: Saturday & Sunday, November 19 – 20, 2022, 10am – 3pm MT
- Course and retreat are online only.
Please note, this course is designed for all levels. We invite you to dive in, whether you’re new to meditation, or many decades down the path…
We all tend to construct our sense of life as if we are beads traveling down a thread of linear time. We know the thread will end sooner or later. Along the way we bump into experiences, good and bad. All of this creates an underlying unease, an unsettledness just beneath our experience of daily life, as we try to get more of what we want, and less of what we don’t want, knowing our time will eventually run out.
Awakening blows open this view. It opens up a vastly bigger picture, one in which we are not separate from the totality of the universe, and find a kind of ultimate healing, and a boundless love.
In response to this human conundrum, Zen offers a way to broaden our horizons beyond this linear view of human life. Over the centuries, Zen has forged a pathway that facilitates glimpses of a bigger picture, a bigger reality.
Awakening is discovering this bigger reality.
In this 6-week online course and two-day weekend retreat, we’re going to be exploring pathways towards this essential discovery. In some ways, this is like exploring rooms in the house we’re living in.
Some methods we try out include:
- falling back into what is already holding us
- taking the “backward step”
- exploring the borders between “me” and the environment around “me”
- searching for the “I” in the middle of experience
- examining and inquiring into the sense of self
- and more
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com, the Original Love Program Manager